PFS are expertly positioned to perform an independent casework review of any forensic work previously undertaken to ensure that the results are robust, reliable and have been appropriately reported.
- Perform an independent casework review of the work previously undertaken to ensure that the results are robust, reliable and have been appropriately reported.
- Evaluate work to date against any updated scientific approaches or policies to determine if the case would be reported in a similar manner today.
- Advise on the availability and suitability of retained exhibits / sub-exhibits, held by the police or in the forensic archive, to help formulate and deliver the forensic strategy and its objectives.
- Formulate relevant propositions and an opinion on how testing of a particular item or substrate will assist (or otherwise) in addressing the requirements such that an optimal strategy can be set.
- Conduct an independent pre-trial review to identify any potential scientific shortcomings in advance of trial.
- Conduct an independent review to corroborate original opinion
- Have existing results been interpreted and reported correctly?
- Can existing results be re-interpreted and re-evaluated in the light of new research and development and current standards?
- Can poor quality / complex case critical sample results be improved using current technology?
- Have low template DNA issues been adequately taken into account?
- Has the intelligence value of existing results been adequately communicated?
- Do any retained materials or surviving exhibits offer the potential for further testing?
For free advice and quotations please Email Us
+44 (0)203 397 4212