Drugs and Toxicology
A wide range of leading Forensic Toxicology services as an Expert Witness for criminal, coronial and civil casework involving alcohol and/or drugs including:
- Road Traffic Act offences involving alcohol with any associated Alcohol Technical Defence calculations such as would be involved in ‘hip-flask’ and laced drinks defences in drink/driving cases;
- Road Traffic Act offences involving drugs
- Other Criminal cases such as murder, rape, poisonings, suspicious death including possible hospital malpractices.
- Child custody cases where drug and/or alcohol misuse is important.
- Workplace testing investigations involving drug use
- Forensic Drug casework involving comment on rates of drug use in instances where a defendant claims that the drugs seized were for personal use rather than for supply.
Our specialist training programmes include:
- A foundation course for potential drink and drug/driving Authorised Analysts,
- A detailed Alcohol Technical Defence course for forensic suppliers
- Drugs and alcohol training for Forensic Toxicologists including casework interpretation
- Forensic Toxicology Awareness Talks/Seminars for other professionals